( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Rotary Direct: We have 21 participants that have our donations electronically our donation taken out automatically and it is easy and adds up fast. Please consider donating this way. See Leonard Hansen, Secretary Matt or myself for more details.
Leonard Hansen, our Foundation Chair announced that we received some funds for Rotary International and are well on our way with over $18k towards our goal of $30k.
The Emergency Food Bank with needed donations each month and this month they are collecting boxed mashed potatoes for the holiday season. To learn what they need this month, please see their webpage at Calendar (stocktonfoodbank.org). We truly thank you kindhearted and generous Rotarians.We are donating turkeys for September & October so you can make arrangements for turkeys or take the easy route and give a donation and Leonard has the signup sheet for that or we are also seeking boxed mashed potatoes and stuffing.
Big, Big Announcement!! Our generous member, Pat Patmon made a $5000 memorial donation to honor Jim Woodward.
Liz Hull, Membership Chair – announcement about a Smiley face sticker added to your badge to show you brought in a new member.
Lui Duarte – Mystery Bus trip is full but we will take backup signup. And it is still not only a mystery destination but still a mystery price too!! October 22nd
Update on the El Salvador project – Marcella’s project and due to supply chain issues, the wheelchairs are delayed so the trip is being delayed until early next year, likely January but more news to come and it might be a great time to go there in the winter here
Foundation Dinner is November 5th at Doubletree in Modesto $75 per person. We have a full table of 8 attending and need 2 more for a table.
All City Thanksgiving is in the works for November 22nd to be held here at the Stockton Golf & Country Club and the cost is $40.00
Rotary International News:
The 2022 Rotary All-Member Survey is your chance to tell RI about your experience as a member. What you like and dislike. Survey is sent to all members by email from International President Jennifer Jones
• International Motorcycle ride/Drive event Ride for Rotary in India and will be January 13-28th
• We are seeking a volunteer for RYLA for this year to represent our club and I need to turn a name in ASAP. So please see me if you can volunteer as our representative from our club-
• President Colleen sent an email to all members seeking advisors/volunteers for my President project that I am just beginning. It is involving tutoring from high school students for elementary students, and we are partnering with the Library & Literacy Foundation and San Joaquin A+ and we need help because this is not my endeavor so educators and interested others, please help the president and we are on the ground level currently but have funds available immediately for use. Thanks so a few of you that are volunteering for this, and we could use more for the committee
Stockton Rotary Endowment and The Rotary Club of Stockton
“Election Integrity” by Dave Robb
Introduced by: Ron Allison
David Robb, Stockton Rotary Club member and practicing scientist in industry for 50 years. Was in biophysics on environmental effects from nuclear power plants. He appears to have a diverse background of many interests
Next Meeting: October 12th, 2022
Uplift All Foundation by Chinu Mehdi
Chinu is a yoga instructor specially for cancer patients and survivors.
She is a co-founder of the Uplift All Foundation
After a lifetime of working with the poor and the sick, Mother Theresa lamented “the biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of not belonging” Homelessness is a unique issue. It creates invisible walls which separate, ostracize, the homeless from the rest of the society.
At Uplift All, we understand and realize how true it is for the homeless community. Homelessness is a perpetuating cycle and the barriers the homeless face are staggering. The homeless have many needs, but the one most lacking, and perhaps most vital, is the need for human connection, the sense of belonging.
We at Uplift All “don’t do great things but do small things with great love”. We don’t just provide clean clothes; we remove barriers towards integration into the rest of the community. We provide a safe and accepting environment.
- October 19th – SUSD by Traci Miller, SUSD Interim Superintendent
- October 26th – Against All Odds with a Passion by Max Simoncic
- November 2nd – Imagine Your Story, Imagine Your Impact by Ken Steele
- November 9th – Our Bolder Future at United Way of SJC by Kristen Spracher-Birtwhistle
Birthday and Anniversary Recognitions
- Diane Stauffer donated $100 to RI and also had a birthday on Oct 1st
- Liz Hull has a birthday tomorrow and is donating $100 to SRE
October 2022 Birthdays…
|1||1st||Hal Monroe – Oct 1st
Kuy Ky – Oct 1st
Diane Stauffer – Oct 1st
Bob Blower – Oct 1st
|2||2nd – 8th||Liz Hull – Oct 6th|
|3||9th – 15th||Dennis Cochran – Oct 10th|
|4||16th – 22nd||Reid Johnson – Oct 18th
Farah Khwaja – Oct 19th*
Beto Beas – Oct 19th*
Tom Patti – Oct 21st
|5||23rd – 29th||Pete Rosado – Oct 24th|
|6||30th – 31st|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
|Approved 2016/2017 ByLaws|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Leena Mittal. Special thanks this week to President Colleen, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Colleen Stewart!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Rotary International President
Jennifer E. Jones
District 5220 Governor
District Governor Elect
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Stockton Rotary Club President
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520