( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Rotary Direct: We have 21 participants that have our donations electronically our donation taken out automatically and it is easy and adds up fast. Please consider donating this way. See Leonard Hansen, Secretary Matt or myself for more details.
Leonard Hansen, our Foundation Chair announced that we received some funds for Rotary International and are well on our way with over $18k towards our goal of $30k.
The Emergency Food Bank with needed donations each month and this month they are collecting boxed mashed potatoes for the holiday season. To learn what they need this month, please see their webpage at Calendar (stocktonfoodbank.org). We truly thank you kindhearted and generous Rotarians.We are donating turkeys for September & October so you can make arrangements for turkeys or take the easy route and give a donation and Leonard has the signup sheet for that or we are also seeking boxed mashed potatoes and stuffing.
Help Wanted: We ask of us all to give from our time, talent, and treasures. If you are unable to give treasure, then time or talent is needed. We need help with set up each week, greeters, notetakers, and shut down. We need someone to lead COG. Does anyone have a desire and ability to give back by organizing and teaching our COG? Can we get a commitment for a month to sign up for these duties that are our basic club functions and lunches? Please see me, Matt to sign up.
Attended the Lodi Rotary Club’s 100/101 Anniversary at St Jorge’s in Acampo and they gave out vintage lunch programs from 1968-1969 and they talk about Stockton Rotary being a sponsor club
Liz Hull, Membership Chair has an announcement about a Smiley face sticker added to your badge to show you brought in a new member. She added 2 to Priscilla Hernandez’s today as her two guests applied for membership as did Gerardo’s guest so he got 1
Michael Blower/ Mystery Bus Event- which is full but we will take backup signup. And it is still not only a mystery destination but still a mystery price too! October 22nd /Save the Date
Foundation Dinner is November 5th at Doubletree in Modesto $75 per person.
Marcella Gracewski spoke about her International Grant Project to El Salvador which is a first of its kind in that Country and cost is about $1100 for flight and hotels. Update on the El Salvador project – Marcella’s project and due to supply chain issues the wheelchairs are delayed so the trip is being delayed until early next year, likely January
All City Thanksgiving is in the works for November 22nd to be held here at the Stockton Golf & Country Club and the cost is $40.00
– October 1st in San Diego is a People of Action Summit to learn more about awareness of Human trafficking
– Open World Program 2023 is asking for Rotarians to host other Rotarians from around the world at your home giving them a chance to study business, community, and civic life in US for 8 days next year and we need to commit by 10/3 so if anyone is interested contact me.
– International Motorcycle ride/Drive event Ride for Rotary in India and will be January 13-28th
– We are seeking a volunteer for RYLA for this year to represent our club and I need to turn a name in ASAP. So please see me if you can volunteer as our representative from our club
– I am seeking advisors/volunteers for my President project that I am just beginning. It is involving tutoring from high school students for elementary students and we are partnering with the Library & Literacy Foundation and San Joaquin A+ and I need help because this is not my endeavor so educators and interested others, please help me and we are on the ground level currently but have funds available immediately for use
– Pam Wenger announced a Holiday boutique at her church and left flyers on the table and made a $35 donation
Stockton Rotary Endowment and The Rotary Club of Stockton
Bradley Davis, UOP Women’s Basketball coach
Introduced by: Our Past President and our current District Gov Elect Waqar Rizvi.
He has been with UOP for 17 years and loves his job and believes that he has a great group of players but better yet they are scholars with grade point averages that all would be proud of. He hopes we will help him promote women’s sports and see great athletes hard at work.
Next Meeting: October 5th, 2022
“Election Integrity” by Dave Robb
Dave has been a practicing scientist in industry for over 50 years. His graduate work was in Biophysics on the environmental effects of a nuclear power plant, but he has been fortunate in having a diverse range of experience since. In addition to several years of research on computer speech recognition and artificial intelligence, he spent ten years managing medical device development and then moved to research in communication technologies based on how humans perceive and process sound. As a result, he held a fundamental patent on a secure wireless communications technology. For the last several years he has been CTO of a firm developing a new technology for detecting drugs, explosives, and other hazardous materials carried in packages as well as in and on the body. Related to the security systems work, he became interested in election integrity, with a particular concern of how elections might be compromised and subverted. As with medical devices, we need to be concerned not only that they work properly, but also with what can happen if they fail.
- October 12th – Uplift All Foundation by Chinu Mehdi
- October 19th – SUSD by Traci Miller, SUSD Interim Superintendent
- October 26th – Against All Odds with a Passion by Max Simoncic
Birthday and Anniversary Recognitions
- PP Kuy Ky wanted to welcome new member, Paolo Marullo, who had a birthday on Monday the 25th and he pledged $55 to RI
- Ann Johnston has a birthday tomorrow the 29th and has pledged a bellringer $250.00 and is splitting it ½ RI and ½ SRE
- Don Barry has a birthday as well tomorrow and is home recovering, but he pledged a $250 as well and another bellringer
- Hal Monroe has two announcements. Hal, the pillar of Stockton Rotarians and probably our most tenured member and he pledged a double Heart stopper as his birthday on Saturday October 1st and he and Mary celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary. Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!!
October 2022 Birthdays…
|1||1st||Hal Monroe – Oct 1st
Kuy Ky – Oct 1st
Diane Stauffer – Oct 1st
Bob Blower – Oct 1st
|2||2nd – 8th||Liz Hull – Oct 6th|
|3||9th – 15th||Dennis Cochran – Oct 10th|
|4||16th – 22nd||Reid Johnson – Oct 18th
Farah Khwaja – Oct 19th*
Beto Beas – Oct 19th*
Tom Patti – Oct 21st
|5||23rd – 29th||Pete Rosado – Oct 24th|
|6||30th – 31st|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
|Approved 2016/2017 ByLaws|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Leena Mittal. Special thanks this week to President Colleen, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Colleen Stewart!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Rotary International President
Jennifer E. Jones
District 5220 Governor
District Governor Elect
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Stockton Rotary Club President
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520