( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Rotary Direct: We have 26 participants including myself that have our donations electronically our donation taken out automatically and it is easy and adds up fast. Please consider donating this way. See Leonard Hansen, Secretary Matt or myself for more details.
Leonard Hansen, our Foundation Chair announced that we received some funds for Rotary International and are well on our way with $17,216 towards our goal of $30k.
- Volunteers needed for my Oyate Gathering. We are needing Silent Auction items, Live Auction items and ticket sells.
- President Colleen wants to do another wine pull so we need wine bottles donated for this really fun fundraiser and a chance to win a very expensive and great bottle of wine.
- Speaking of donations that we want to collect, we are assisting The Emergency Food Bank with needed donations each month and this month they are collecting boxed mashed potatoes for the holiday season. To learn what they need this month, please see there webpage at Calendar (stocktonfoodbank.org). We truly thank you kindhearted and generous Rotarians.
- We ask of us all to give from our time, talent, and treasures. If you are unable to give treasure, then time or talent is needed. We need help with set up each week, greeters, notetakers, and shut down. We need someone to lead COG. Does anyone have a desire and ability to give back by organizing and teaching our COG? Can we get a commitment for a month to sign up for these duties that are our basic club functions and lunches? Please see me, Matt to sign up.
NEW MEMBER PROPOSAL: We are happy to announce that Bill Alessio and Courtney Hayes have applied for membership to our club. If you have an objection, please contact email@example.com before AUGUST 20, 2022. For membership rules from the club Bylaws see in the member resource tab of the website.
On August 27 in Lodi, there is a Foundation/Membership Seminar, cost is $15 and includes breakfast and lunch and is in our backyard at Tokay High School
Foundation Dinner is November 5th at Doubletree in Modesto
All City Thanksgiving is in the works for November 22nd to be held here at the Stockton Golf & Country Club
Sally Motta announced that Mariposa/Yosemite club has been hugely impacted by the Oak Fire and one of their members has lost a home. District 5220 is soliciting for donations.
TJ Hull announced the Mystery Trip is returning October 22nd . Save the Date.
The Club’s monthly statements were emailed on July 19, 2022. Paper copies were mailed to those who so requested. Check your spam filters if you did not receive the statement email. Let Louis Lemos know if you have questions or would like a paper copied mailed. Only members with an outstanding balance will receive a statements. You could contact Louis Lemos @ (209-460-1040).
Support Stockton Police Foundation
Speakers: Stanley McFadden: City of Stockton Chief of Police
Becky Lee Moffitt: Secretary Support Stockton Police Foundation
Introduced By: Jamie Nance
The Support Stockton Police Foundation is a non-profit organization derived of individuals in and outside of the Stockton Police Department dedicated to improving the community, supporting its officers and helping to create better policing throughout.
The foundation supports not only the brave men and women of the Stockton Police Department to fight and reduce crime but programs that directly impact the officers and the community.
Next Meeting: August 17th, 2022
Janet Lucas, Director of Athletics, UOP
Janet Lucas joined Pacific in 2018 as the Director of Athletics with over thirty-five years of administrative experience managing NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics programs. Previously, Lucas was the executive associate director of athletics at UC Riverside, where she led and managed the university’s 17-sport program and also served as the interim director of athletics.
Prior to UC Riverside, Lucas held similar duties at Cal State Northridge and, before that, spent 15 years at James Madison University in Virginia, rising to the position of senior associate director of athletics and senior woman administrator. She was also an athletics department administrator at University of Maine in Orono while serving as the chief financial officer for the division.
Lucas holds an MSA from Ohio University and received her BS at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC while competing in two intercollegiate sports.
Lucas is a member of the WCC Executive Council, the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) and Women Leaders in College Sport. She is a 2008 graduate of the NACWAA Executive Institute and has served on the NCAA Division I Leadership Council and various Big West Conference committees. In 2015, Lucas was named the NCAA Division I Administrator of the Year by the National Association of Collegiate Women Athletics Administrators, now the Women Leaders in College Sport.
- August 24th – High profile funeral sercices (military, first responder, presidential) by Larry Davis, Vice President Forest Lawn
- August 31st – Children’s Home of Stockton: 140th Year! by Joelle Gomez
Birthday and Anniversary Recognitions
Bob Blower announced that he and Kris Blower had celebrated 25 year wedding anniversary and had just returned from Tahiti and celebrated by donating a bell-ringer $250 for club operations. Thank you Blowers.
We have 4 birthdays to celebrate this week. 3 Birthdays were all the same day and all were all Monday, August 8th and they are:
– Bill Smith who is donating $63 to SRE
– Zach Downs who pledged $70 and $35 to SRE and $35 to RI
– Angel Sepulveda is celebrating the last of her 30s and has made a pledge of $250 a bellringer and is splitting that as well between RI and SRE
Eddie Arias, our youngest member, is 26 tomorrow and has pledged $50 and is also splitting the pledge ½ RI and ½ to SRE
Peter Jaffe anted us to know what wonderful work we do and that he sent $100 to celebrate his birthday from July 25th and sent it via the website and we need to make sure we got it. Thanks to Peter and belated Happy Birthday.
August 2022 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 6th||Leena Mittal – Aug 1
Joe Serra – Aug 4th
Linda Guinn – Aug 5th
|2||7th- 13th||Zachary Downs – Aug 8th
Angelina Sepulveda – Aug 8th
Bill Smith – Aug 8th
Eddie Arias – Aug 11th
|3||14h – 20th||Ngozi Elobuike – Aug 16th|
|4||21st – 27th||Sally Fandrich – Aug 25th
John LaRue – Aug 26th
Louis Lemos – Aug 27th
|5||28th – 31st|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
|Approved 2016/2017 ByLaws|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Leena Mittal. Special thanks this week to President Colleen, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Colleen Stewart!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Rotary International President
Jennifer E. Jones
District 5220 Governor
District Governor Elect
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Stockton Rotary Club President
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520