( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
The 2022/2023 year has started off strong and we have already held our first Board meeting on Monday. We have some news to share. We had a vacancy of Sergeant at Arms. Ken Steele stepped up and offered to be head of a team of Sergeants and in doing so is relinquishing his role as Director of International/Grants. In his place Sally Motta was voted in as the new Director of International/Grants. Thanks to Ken
and Sally for their new roles and for volunteering for our club.
Sad news to report. Pacific Stockton Rotary is closing down as a club effective by the end of this year 2022 after opening in 1974 and we hope to attract any of their members that are looking to relocate to a new club. They will be visiting all the other 4 Stockton clubs and each will picking they club they feel fits.
Rotary Direct: We have 26 participants including myself that have our donations electronically our donation taken out automatically and it is easy and adds up fast. Please consider donating this way. See Leonard Hansen, Secretary Matt or myself for more details.
Leonard Hansen, our Foundation Chair will be asking for money for Rotary International. We have a goal this year to donate $30k. We need help to make this goal. Leonard said we raised $645 toward RI in last weeks meeting on our goal to $30k. thanks to all
- Volunteers needed for my Oyate Gathering. We are needing Silent Auction items, Live Auction items and ticket sells.
- President Colleen wants to do another wine pull so we need wine bottles donated for this really fun fundraiser and a chance to win a very expensive and great bottle of wine.
- Speaking of donations that we want to collect, we are assisting The Emergency Food Bank with needed donations each month and this month they are collecting boxed mashed potatoes for the holiday season. To learn what they need this month, please see there webpage at Calendar (stocktonfoodbank.org). We truly thank you kindhearted and generous Rotarians.
- We ask of us all to give from our time, talent, and treasures. If you are unable to give treasure, then time or talent is needed. We need help with set up each week, greeters, notetakers, and shut down. We need someone to lead COG. Does anyone have a desire and ability to give back by organizing and teaching our COG? Can we get a commitment for a month to sign up for these duties that are our basic club functions and lunches? Please see me, Matt to sign up.
Jamie Nance donated $250 because he attended Rotary for the first time unassisted.
Liz Hull donated $50.00 because she has lost 48 lbs.
Sally Motta announced that Mariposa/Yosemite club has been hugely impacted by the Oak Fire and one of their members has lost a home. District 5220 is soliciting for donations and we collected $220 today for that effort and will be doing another request next week.
TJ Hull announced the Mystery Trip is returning October 22nd . Save the Date.
The Club’s monthly statements were emailed on July 19, 2022. Paper copies were mailed to those who so requested. Check your spam filters if you did not receive the statement email. Let Louis Lemos know if you have questions or would like a paper copied mailed. Only members with an outstanding balance will receive a statements. You could contact Louis Lemos @ (209-460-1040).
Jeff Louie, Program Director for Pilot City.
Speaker Introduction: Chris Lema
Jeff Louie is the Director of a program that is matches students seeking internships with businesses. The students work on projects collectively and these students are High School and even Sr Elementary students. These students created their own software to begin the program. They assist businesses with VR technology, do physical activities for the business. They create plans to assist businesses virtually with the students doing innovative based projects. The program is free to businesses.
Chad Hilligus from Gallo Center for the Arts
- August 10th – Support Stockton Police Foundation by Becky Lee
- August 17th – Pacific Athletics by Janet Lucas
- August 24th – High profile funeral sercices (military, first responder, presidential) by Larry Davis, Vice President Forest Lawn
- August 31st – Children’s Home of Stockton: 140th Year! by Joelle Gomez
Eric Duran is donating $78 to RI and his birthday.
Steve Morales is donating $100 to RI.
Past President Gary Frush has donated $100 to be split to SRE and RI
Jeff Greenberg celebrated a milestone 70th birthday and he has done a Heart-stopper $500 to SRE.
Marc Bregman has donated $50 to RI.
Tony Motta has a birthday today for $100 to RI
July 2022 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 6th||Leena Mittal – Aug 1
Joe Serra – Aug 4th
Linda Guinn – Aug 5th
|2||7th- 13th||Zachary Downs – Aug 8th
Angelina Sepulveda – Aug 8th
Bill Smith – Aug 8th
Eddie Arias – Aug 11th
|3||14h – 20th||Ngozi Elobuike – Aug 16th|
|4||21st – 27th||Sally Fandrich – Aug 25th
John LaRue – Aug 26th
Louis Lemos – Aug 27th
|5||28th – 31st|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
|Approved 2016/2017 ByLaws|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Leena Mittal. Special thanks this week to President Colleen, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Colleen Stewart!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
District Governor Elect
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520