( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Rotary Direct: We have 26 participants including myself that have our donations electronically our donation taken out automatically and it is easy and adds up fast. Please consider donating this way. See Leonard Hansen, Secretary Matt or myself for more details.
Leonard Hansen, our Foundation Chair will be asking for money for Rotary International. We have a goal this year to donate $30k. We need help to make this goal. Leonard said we raised $645 toward RI in last weeks meeting on our goal to $30k. thanks to all
- Volunteers needed for my Oyate Gathering. We are needing Silent Auction items, Live Auction items and ticket sells.
- President Colleen wants to do another wine pull so we need wine bottles donated for this really fun fundraiser and a chance to win a very expensive and great bottle of wine.
- Speaking of donations that we want to collect, we are assisting The Emergency Food Bank with needed donations each month and this month they are in need of boxes of cereal. To learn what they need this month, please see there webpage at Calendar (stocktonfoodbank.org). Can we get everyone to bring a box to our meetings in July? We truly thank you kindhearted and generous Rotarians.
- We ask of us all to give from our time, talent, and treasures. If you are unable to give treasure, then time or talent is needed. We need help with set up each week, greeters, notetakers, and shut down. We need someone to lead COG. Does anyone have a desire and ability to give back by organizing and teaching our COG? Can we get a commitment for a month to sign up for these duties that are our basic club functions and lunches? Please see me, Matt to sign up.
- Weekly Door Prize Drawing -We had a donation this week by Corie Stewart, an Echo Speaker to amplify your music at home or on the Road. Thanks for the donation, Corie. Can we have some more of these types of door prizes donated?
An Opportunity – Advertise in the Wheel. You will have the opportunity to again advertise your business, hobby, profession or nonprofit in The Wheel this coming Rotary year which starts July 1. These ads will take the format of a business card and will be approximately 2 ½”
by 1″. Cost will be $300 for a rotary year – a very reasonable cost to get your name in front of an elite goup every week and make a contribution to our club at the same time. Please contact Graham Tweedy at 209-598-5881 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
TJ Hull, Club Service director announced a Kayak Event on Lake Lincoln from the Hull’s residence on August 4 and cost is $20 for adults and $5 for kids and will sell out fast
TJ Hull announced the Mystery Trip is returning October 22nd . Save the Date.
“I’ve Lived it, I’ve Loved it!” by Mr. Mel Corren
Mr. Mel Corren was introduced by Corie Stewart
Mel spoke about downtown Stockton and a vision of connecting bridges from various locations around the waterways in Stockton for walking paths and small transportation vehicles. He proposed a Bob Hope Plaza and different entries and a parking lot below. He has great ideas for improving and wants to add more dining and restaurants to revitalize it. He is a published author and brought copies of his book and offered to share proceeds of any buyers of it today with Rotary.
President Colleen Stewart would share the Native American culture and an annual event from her reservation called the Crazy
Horse Ride. She would also share a Lakota Story from old and it’s on one of our 12 Virtues that she hopes to share one a month.
Colleen Stewart admitted to being put back into her place and explained the story of Gro Gru who is a character in Disney known as baby Yoda from the Mandalorian Series in Star Wars. She was recently at picnic wearing my Gro Gru hat when a friend said her grandson just loved Gro Gru and could she take my picture which she happily agreed to and smiled into her camera and then she told me to put my head down. Hahahah. And that was my humbling experience recently.
- July 20th – President Colleen Stewart
- July 27th – Changing the landscape of internships by Jeff Louie.
- August 3rd – Gallo Center for the Arts by Chad Hilligus
- Ken and Rita Steel celebrated 52 year Anniversary on Monday July 11 and he donated $52 to club expense
- Kuy Ky made a $150 pledge to club expenses in honor of RYLA guest Frank Perkins
- Colleen Stewart made $100 donation to honor her husband Jim Stewart who turned 65 on Saturday the July 9th.
July 2022 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 2nd||Michael Blower – July 1st
TJ Hull – July 1st
Dan Wright – July 1st
George Badway – July 2nd
|2||3rd – 9th||Brian Lafferty – July 5th
Lynndee Riley – July 6th*
|3||10th – 16th|
|4||17th – 23rd||Leonard Hansen – July 19th
Luis Duarte – July 23rd
|5||24th – 30th||Peter Jaffe – July 25th
Carl Motta – July 27th*
Eric Duran – July 28th
Steve Morales – July 28th
Gary Frush – July 29th
Jeff Greenberg – July 30th
|6||31st||Marc Bregman – July 31st|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
|Approved 2016/2017 ByLaws|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Leena Mittal. Special thanks this week to President Colleen, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Colleen Stewart!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
District Governor Elect
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520