( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Hybrid Virtual and LIVE Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
Click on “$ Online Payments” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
Meeting on-line reservations
Click on “Meeting Lunch Reservations” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
- Live Meetings – We are excited to be meeting live again at the Stockton Golf and Country Club. We also appreciate your support in coming and making reservations. Reservations by Friday 2 pm are guaranteed, after that subject to availability. We are also accepting walk-ins up to the current maximum capacity of this room (70). Reservations are a good way to prepay as well.
- Rotary Interact – Mentors needed. please see Dan Wright or myself. Volunteers needed for the Veteran’s Mentor Program at Delta College for Kathy Hart.
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card. For now, make reservations using the website link.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
- VirtualRotary Read-In – Sharon Tweedy: Mark you Calendars for VirtualRotary Read-In Week, February 22-25, 2022. More Info on how to create and upload your video..
- All City Rotary Club Event – Assistant District Governor Waqar Rizvi: UOP vs BYU Division 1 Basketball game on January 29th. See Flyer: https://stocktonrotary.org/2022/01/19/flyer-january-2022/
2022-2023 Rotary Board
President: Colleen D. Stewart
Secretary: Matthew Grizzle
Treasurer: Louis Lemos
Past President: Kevin Kauffman
Public Image Chair: Eddie Arias
Sergeant-at-Arms: John Salaices
International Service: Ken Steele & Marcela Gracewski
Membership Chair: Liz Hull
Club Service: TJ Hull
Community Service: Kathy Hart
Youth Service: Geneva Bamidele
Vocational Service: Dwayne Garcia/Walt Wager
Rotary Foundation: Leonard Hansen
Speaker: Dr. Maggie Park
Introduced By: San Joaquin County Supervisor Tom Patti introduced our speaker.
Dr. Maggie Park is a pediatrician and is the Children’s Services Medical Director for San Joaquin County. In this role, she serves as the medical consultant to the California Children’s Services (CCS) program and oversees the Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program, the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, and the Foster Care Program for San Joaquin County Public Health Services.
Maggie was born and raised in Southern California and attended UCLA, where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Physiological Sciences. She earned her medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine, then did her pediatric residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York City. Maggie worked as an attending physician for San Joaquin General Hospital, as well as Ventura County Medical Center. Most recently, she practiced pediatrics in Stockton for Community Medical Centers and served as their Pediatric Associate Medical Director.
Maggie is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. She has a special interest in childhood obesity, literacy, and oral health. Maggie lives in Stockton with her husband and two children.
Program: Dr. Maggie Park, SJC Health Office via Zoom – Omicron Variant
Sylvester Aguilar is past chair of the board of commissioners for the Port of Stockton and is currently the Real Estate Marketing Manager. He is a retired bank executive holding senior level banking positions in the central valley for over 30 years. .
Sylvester has provided access, exposure and mentoring for many individuals and businesses in the central valley through his involvement with numerous non-profit boards, chairing many organizations. He continually represents small businesses and education on the local, state and federal level with his work with the many chambers and business boards.
He is a graduate of the University of the Pacific, Eberhart School of Business, studied at Golden Gate University and is a graduate of the Pacific Coast Banking School.
His community activities include the following:
BOARD OF DIRECTOR ACTIVITY
Past Chairman, Port of Stockton Commission appointed by the city Council (2018/2019)
Board of directors, Stockton Police Officers Foundation (2020 to present)
American Leadership Forum, Senior Fellow (2020 to present)
Member Boys and Girls Club of Stockton Advisory Board (2018 to present)
President Nance Strong Foundation (2018 to present)
Board of Director Make Dreams Real Foundation (2010 to present)
Symphony Circle Board Member, Stockton Symphony (2018 to present)
Stockton Symphony CEO Search Committee (2019)
Central Region Director, California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2020 to present)
Member Modesto Sunrise Rotary (199o to present, Past President 2002)
Other past leadership positions included:
Past Chairman, San Joaquin County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2012-2015)
Chairman, SJHCC University of the Pacific Business Forecast Conference (2014 to present)
Board Director, Business Council of San Joaquin County
• Business Advisory Board Director, California State University Stanislaus, College of Business (2004 to present)
• Member, CSU Stockton Start up Committee with local Assemblywoman (2016)
Master of Ceremonies and panelist for annual California State University Stanislaus Forecast Conference (various since inception)
Master of Ceremonies, San Joaquin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce / University of Pacific annual Business Forecast Conference (2014 to present)
Guest Lecturer, Annual Conference for Association of California Symphony Orchestras (2010)
Past President, Stanislaus Credit Bureau Foundation
• Chairman, California State University Stanislaus, College of Business, Business Advisory Board
• Two Term Chairman of the Board, Modesto Symphony Orchestra
Two-time Interim CEO, Modesto Symphony Orchestra
President, Del Rio Country Club
Chairman, Del Rio Country Club Foundation
President, First Tee of Modesto Board
President, Modesto Sunrise Rotary Club
Chairman, Modesto Chamber of Commerce
President, C.A.S.A. (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
Chairman, Children’s Crisis Center
Chairman, City of Modesto Economic Development Loan Pool Subcommittee
Member, California State University Stanislaus, Foundation Audit Committee
Finance Chair, Stanislaus County Alliance
Member, Latino Business Association
Member, RMA – Risk Management Associates
Chaired various CEO, Music Director, and Key Management position search committees for both private and non-profit positions
Former Coach, Our Lady Of Fatima-Baseball, Volleyball and Basketball
Past Member Construction crew, Habitat for Humanity
Sylvester and Shannon enjoy traveling, music, golfing and spending time with their children and grandchildren. He has a long history of getting involved with activities that expose and create opportunities for others in both life and business and takes pride in passing those traits on to his children
- 26 – Sylvester Aguilar, “Port of Stockton”
- 02 – UOP Men’s Basketball Coach Leonard Perry, “UOP Men’s Basketball”
- 09 – Madisen O’Laughlin, “Valentine’s Luncheon – The Richness of Dancing”
- 16 – Directors Bing Hui and Ray Tom as instructors of Tai Chi in Stockton
- 23 – County Superintendent of Schools Dr. Brown
- Supervisor Patti was acknowledged by President Kevin for his bid to be our next Congress Member. For this, Supervisor Patti agreed to pay $100 to SRE for the subtle advertisement.
- Jerry Butterfield (14th) $250 SRE
- Shari Ghirabaldi (14th) $100 SRE
January 2022 Birthdays…
|1||1st||Mas Kamigaki – 1st|
|2||2nd – 8th||Michael Keith – 3rd
Duane Isetti – 4th
Sharon Manaois – 4th
Kathy Hart – 5th*
Terry Hull, Sr. – 5th*
|3||9th – 15th||Shari Garibaldi – 14th
Jerry Butterfield – 14th
|4||16th – 22nd||Rod Place – 18th
Gary Hansen – 21st
|5||23rd – 29th||(none)|
|6||30th – 31st||(none)|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
|Approved 2016/2017 ByLaws|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
(Retiring) Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to President Kevin, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, Past President Kuy Ky for photos and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Kevin Kauffman!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520