( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Hybrid Virtual and LIVE Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
Click on “$ Online Payments” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
Meeting on-line reservations
Click on “Meeting Lunch Reservations” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
- Live Meetings – We are excited to be meeting live again at the Stockton Golf and Country Club. We also appreciate your support in coming and making reservations. Reservations by Friday 2 pm are guaranteed, after that subject to availability. We are also accepting walk-ins up to the current maximum capacity of this room (70). Reservations are a good way to prepay as well.
- Rotary Interact – Mentors needed. please see Dan Wright or myself. Volunteers needed for the Veteran’s Mentor Program at Delta College for Kathy Hart.
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card. For now, make reservations using the website link.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
- VirtualRotary Read-In – Sharon Tweedy: Mark you Calendars for VirtualRotary Read-In Week, February 22-25, 2022.
- All City Rotary Club Event – Assistant District Governor Waqar Rizvi: UOP vs BYU Division 1 Basketball game on January 29th. See Flyer: https://stocktonrotary.org/2022/01/19/flyer-january-2022/
2022-2023 Rotary Board
President: Colleen D. Stewart
Secretary: Matthew Grizzle
Treasurer: Louis Lemos
Past President: Kevin Kauffman
Public Image Chair: Eddie Arias
Sergeant-at-Arms: John Salaices
International Service: Ken Steele & Marcela Gracewski
Membership Chair: Liz Hull
Club Service: TJ Hull
Community Service: Kathy Hart
Youth Service: Geneva Bamidele
Vocational Service: Dwayne Garcia/Walt Wager
Rotary Foundation: Leonard Hansen
Speaker: Assembly Member Carlos Villapudua
Introduced By: Past President Michael Blower
Assembly Member Carlos Villapadua was born and raised in Stockton. He graduated from Franklin High School and then earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in social services from Sacramento State University. He then worked as the community social services director for the San Joaquin County Human Services Agency. Carlos was then elected to the San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors, where he served from 2008-2016. After terming out, he became the CEO of the San Joaquin County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and then to work as the Governmental Relations Manager for Western Pacific Truck School. In 2020, he was elected to represent California’s 13th Assembly district with 83,746 votes, which was over 5,000 more than his opponent.
Assembly member Villapudua is married to his wife Edith, and they have a blended family of four daughters with his youngest who just started Pre-K to his oldest who just started college at San Diego State University.
Assembly member Villapudua is a sitting member of several Assembly Committees including Agriculture, Human Services, Assembly Rules, and the Assembly Water, Parks, and Wildlife Committee. He is also the Chair of the Select Committee on Technology and Future of California’s Agricultural Workforce, and a sitting member of the Select Committees on Cybersecurity, Ports and Goods Movement, Veteran Employment and Education, and my personal favorite, the Select Committee on Wine.
Next Meeting: January 19, 2022
Dr. Maggie Park, Public Health Officer with San Joaquin County Public Health Services
Dr. Maggie Park is a pediatrician and is the Children’s Services Medical Director for San Joaquin County. In this role, she serves as the medical consultant to the California Children’s Services (CCS) program and oversees the Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program, the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, and the Foster Care Program for San Joaquin County Public Health Services.
Maggie was born and raised in Southern California and attended UCLA, where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Physiological Sciences. She earned her medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine, then did her pediatric residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York City. Maggie worked as an attending physician for San Joaquin General Hospital, as well as Ventura County Medical Center. Most recently, she practiced pediatrics in Stockton for Community Medical Centers and served as their Pediatric Associate Medical Director.
Maggie is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. She has a special interest in childhood obesity, literacy, and oral health. Maggie lives in Stockton with her husband and two children.
- 26 – Sylvester Aguilar, “Port of Stockton”
- 02 – UOP Men’s Basketball Coach Leonard Perry, “UOP Men’s Basketball”
- 09 – Madisen O’Laughlin, “Valentine’s Luncheon – The Richness of Dancing”
- 16 – Directors Bing Hui and Ray Tom as instructors of Tai Chi in Stockton
- 23 – County Superintendent of Schools Dr. Brown
- Assistant Governor Waqar Rizvi donated $25 to SRE and $25 to Rotary Foundation as he was happy to see Raul Chavez at the meeting.
- Fred Weibel (11/14th ) $250 split
- Octavio Cruces (12/27) home with daughter $100 split
- PP Mas Kamigaki $100 SRE
- Duane Isetti $100 SRE femur rod
- PP Terry Hull $82 RF
- Kathy Hart $100 SRE
January 2022 Birthdays…
|1||1st||Mas Kamigaki – 1st|
|2||2nd – 8th||Michael Keith – 3rd
Duane Isetti – 4th
Sharon Manaois – 4th
Kathy Hart – 5th*
Terry Hull, Sr. – 5th*
|3||9th – 15th||Shari Garibaldi – 14th
Jerry Butterfield – 14th
|4||16th – 22nd||Rod Place – 18th
Gary Hansen – 21st
|5||23rd – 29th||(none)|
|6||30th – 31st||(none)|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
|Approved 2016/2017 ByLaws|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
(Retiring) Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to President Kevin, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, Past President Kuy Ky for photos and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Kevin Kauffman!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Rotary International President
District 5220 Governor
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Stockton Rotary Club President
Kevin M Kauffman
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520