( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Hybrid Virtual and LIVE Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
Click on “$ Online Payments” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
- Live Meetings – We are excited to be meeting live again at the Stockton Golf and Country Club. We also appreciate your support in coming and making reservations. Reservations by Friday 2 pm are guaranteed, after that subject to availability. We are also accepting walk-ins up to the current maximum capacity of this room (70). Reservations are a good way to prepay as well.
- Rotary Rose Parade Float Contribution from Club #92 – 100% approval by those in attendance to make a $100 contribution in memory of Dave Tygett.
- December 22nd Holiday Celebration Hour – Past President Bill Brown will meet with us after this meeting to finalize plans.
Slate of Officers for 2022-23 Rotary Year – Presented by Present Elect Colleen Stewart (list below). President Kevin announced that Walt Wager has been nominated by the past presidents to be our president in 2023-24.
- Rotary Interact – Mentors needed. please see Dan Wright or myself. Volunteers needed for the Veteran’s Mentor Program at Delta College for Kathy Hart.
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card. For now, make reservations using the website link.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
Proposed 2022-2023 Rotary Board
President: Colleen D. Stewart
Secretary: Matthew Grizzle
Treasurer: Louis Lemos
Past President: Kevin Kauffman
Public Image Chair: Eddie Arias
Sergeant-at-Arms: John Salaices
International Service: Ken Steele & Marcela Gracewski
Membership Chair: Liz Hull
Club Service: TJ Hull
Community Service: Kathy Hart
Youth Service: Geneva Bamidele
Vocational Service: Dwayne Garcia/Walt Wager
Rotary Foundation: Leonard Hansen
Speaker: Brian Kolze, 30 years of coaching Pacific Softball Teams
Introduced By: Diane Staufer
Coach Kolze shared in Rotary and the community’s loss of Cliff Dochterman, Sr. He never knew him well but went through school with Cliff, Jr.
Coach explained his experience through school and a broadcasting and local sales job, but jumped at the opportunity to coach softball, starting at UNLV. He has been with the UOP program for 30-years and has never wanted to leave the home he loves. UOP AD Bob Lee hired him, and he has worked for seven other ADs.
Archie Griffen interviewed him once for the Ohio State coaching job, but he knew it wasn’t for him. There are 1/3 more Division I softball programs today than there was 30-years ago. Six of his former players are currently head coaches.
Coach Kolze is now on the NCAA DI playoff selection committee. His biggest coaching lesson was allowing his assistance to manage rather than micro-managing (He stays in the dug-out now). He and Tori Verber (Salazar) ushered as kids when Dr. Joe Serra was the team Doctor. Coach Kolze was kind enough to stay after the closing bell to answer questions.
A $50 contribution and donated Book to Spanos Elementary in the speakers name and some Bubbly and Glasses!
Next Meeting: December 8, 2021
San Joaquin County District Attorney: Tori Verber Salazar
Tori began her term as San Joaquin County District Attorney in January of 2015. Tori was born and raised in Stockton where she attended Grant and Jackson School in South Stockton, Annunciation School, St. Mary’s High School and St.Mary’s College of Moraga. She began working in 1987 as a summer intern in the District Attorney’s office and has remained in that office ever since.
She attended and graduated from Patino School of Law. After completion of law school Tori struggled to pass the California Bar Exam. Determined to never give up she passed the Bar and has remained a member of the office for nearly 30 years.
Over the years she has worked in a number of community based non- profits in SJCO. She is a founding member of Empowering Young Women and Men, Beyond Incarceration, and Chowchilla Gang Intervention and Prevention Program—detouring our youth from becoming involved in gangs. Currently, she oversees 210 members of the DA’s office, representing the people of the State of California in criminal and civil matters. It is her great honor to work for the people of San Joaquin County
- 15 – Amir Khan, “Drugs and More”
- 22 – Holiday Happy Hour with Pianist Peter Jaffe & Phillip West
- 29 – DARK
- 05 – DARK
- 12 – Assembly Member Carlos Villapadua, “Legislative Update”
- 19 – Mary Eberhardt, “Bank of Stockton History”
- 26 – Sylvester Aguilar, “Port of Stockton”
- Past President Gary Putnam (27th) $100 Polio Plus;
- President Elect Nominee Walt Wager (30th) $50 RF
December 2021 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 4th||(none)|
|2||5th – 11th||Steve Reid – 8th*|
|3||12th – 18th||Kevin Hicks – 12th
Cliff Dochterman – 13th
Chris Lema – 14th
Marcela Gracewski – 15th
John Atwood – 15th
Frank Whitney – 15th
|4||19th – 25th||Keo Keonorasak – 20th|
|5||26th – 31st||Octavio Cruces – 27th
Russel Hagen – 29th
Pete Gormsen – 31st
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to President Kevin, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, Past President Kuy Ky for meeting photos, and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Kevin Kauffman!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Rotary International President
District 5220 Governor
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Stockton Rotary Club President
Kevin M Kauffman
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520