( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Hybrid Virtual and LIVE Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
Click on “$ Online Payments” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
- All-Stockton Rotary Club Meeting – ADG Waqar Rizvi asked everyone to mark their calendars for Tuesday, November 23rd. The All-Stockton Rotary Club meeting will be held here at the Stockton Golf & Country Club at noon. The website will provide a location to make your reservations.
- Live Meetings – We are excited to be meeting live again at the Stockton Golf and Country Club. We also appreciate your support in coming and making reservations. Reservations by Friday 2 pm are guaranteed, after that subject to availability. We are also accepting walk-ins up to the current maximum capacity of this room (70). Reservations are a good way to prepay as well.
Elk Grove and Stockton Dance Night – Madison Sena, Arthur Murray Dance Center, offered $25 to promote their Elk Grove and Stockton Dance night; please contact her for tickets. It is there first event coming out of the pandemic.
- Wheelchair Supply Project – Marcela Gracewski reported the progress of our wheelchair supply project for children in El Salvador. She invited those interested in making the trip to contact her.
- Rotary Interact – Mentors needed. please see Dan Wright or myself. Volunteers needed for the Veteran’s Mentor Program at Delta College for Kathy Hart.
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card. For now, make reservations using the website link.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
Paul Harris Awards Presentations
Paul Harris presentations were made by Dr. Henry Wong;
Past President Kuy E Ky presented Paul Harris awards to his staff (Amanda Cabrera, Amy Epperson, Andrew Sun, Cherise Mora, Merissa Schultz, Rodina Mullinex, and Stephanie Segura).
Those in attendance appreciated these gestures with a standing ovation for all the recipients.
Speaker: Phillip Merlo
Introduced By: Tod Gregory
Phillip Merlo, Executive Director; San Joaquin County Historical Museum – Our Community’s History
Phillip has been with the Society and Museum for three years and in April of 2020 was promoted to Executive Director. His talk was well received and received many compliments on his communication ability.
Phillip explained how his time has been focusing on combining the efforts of all the local archives and museums into a digital network for all of San Joaquin County. The SJ County Histories Stories page on Facebook has been visited by over 1.2 million visitors. When he arrived, the website had not been updated since 1996 and staff was still using typewriters. Their digital museum and educational software is now being used by 60 local teachers in their curriculums.
Their archives now include recent find from Roberts Island, San Joaquin County Recorders Office, and the Stockton Record. Black Bart’s mug shot is one of the most famous finds that include ancient Chinese armor donated to the museum in the 1980’s. The Sheriff’s Office is using some of this information to research coldcase files.
Another famous exhibit includes ‘Kerosene Kate’ an antique automobile. A not well know fact was that the SJ Fairgrounds was a stop over camp for Japanese Americans on their way to internment camps during WWII. Phillip promoted their quarterly academic journal and their fundraising events.
A $50 contribution and donated Book to Spanos Elementary in the speakers name and some Bubbly and Glasses!
- 01 – Brian Kolze, “Pacific Softball – 30 years of Coaching”
- 08 – San Joaquin County District Attorney: Tori Verber Salazar
- 15 – Amir Khan, “Drugs and More”
- 22 – Children’s Christmas Party
- 29 – DARK
- 23 – Tuesday All Rotary Clubs meeting (no meeting on Wednesday)
- Supervisor Tom Patti had some news that he thought he should be recognized for a bell-ring (split); Tom is now a candidate for US Congress.
- President Kevin $25 SRE for phone and
- Liz Hull $50 SRE for out-burst and announcement regarding Tom Patti.
- Chuck Moury (4th) $25 SRE;
- Waqar Rizvi (10th) $100 split;
- Capt. Juan Oregel (14th) $10 SRE;
- Basel Karabala (14th) $100 split;
- Christine Morrissey (15th) $250 split;
- Graham Tweed (16th) $284 split (Colan Powell recognition of 4-way test);
November 2021 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 6th||Dudley Drake – 1st
Chuck Mowry – 4th
Khaksar Ahmad – 4th
|2||7th – 13th||Waqar Rizvi – 10th*
Karyn Johnson – 13th
|3||14th – 20th||Basel Karabala – 14th
Fred Weibel – 14th
Juan Oregel – 14th
Christine Morrissey – 15th
Graham Tweedy – 16th
|4||21st – 27th||Tom Perry – 22nd
Jim Woodward – 22nd
Jan Ambriz – 23rd
Gary Putnam – 27th
|5||28th – 30th||Tony Despotes – 28th
Ken Steele – 29th
Walt Wager – 30th
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to Leena Mittal, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, ADG Waqar Rizvi for meeting photos, and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Kevin Kauffman!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520