( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Hybrid Virtual and LIVE Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
Click on “$ Online Payments” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
Meeting on-line reservations
Click on “Meeting Lunch Reservations” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
- All-Stockton Rotary Club Meeting – ADG Waqar Rizvi asked everyone to mark their calendars for Tuesday, November 23rd. The All-Stockton Rotary Club meeting will be held here at the Stockton Golf & Country Club at noon. The website will provide a location to make your reservations.
- Live Meetings – We are excited to be meeting live again at the Stockton Golf and Country Club. We also appreciate your support in coming and making reservations. Reservations by Friday 2 pm are guaranteed, after that subject to availability. We are also accepting walk-ins up to the current maximum capacity of this room (70). Reservations are a good way to prepay as well.
- Rotary Interact – Mentors needed. please see Dan Wright or myself. Volunteers needed for the Veteran’s Mentor Program at Delta College for Kathy Hart.
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card. For now, make reservations using the website link.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
Speakers: Pat Filippone, President, Kieran McMahon, General Manager
Introduced by: GM Kieran McMahon
Pat Filippone, President – Stockton Ports Baseball
The Stockton ports has been in existence since 1941. Stockton lost the team for only a brief period. Stockton’s ballpark is in great shape even after 15-16 years. During pandemic 25% minor league teams eliminated from Major league. But Stockton Ports survived.
There are a lot of benefits for coming out and watching the game. People can talk, eat while still enjoying the game. Fellowship can be built while watching the game. There are powerful brands that sponsor at the ballpark and have helped to sustain the team. Baseball in general as industry is doing well. The Stockton Ports have a new General Manager, Kieran McMahon.
Kieran has come from Washington. He was born and raised the Washington state. This is his first time living in California. He sees youth sports as an opportunity. He believes in bringing fun to the games whether it is the spectators or the players.
A $50 contribution and donated Book to Spanos Elementary in the speakers name and some Bubbly and Glasses!
Sergeant John Snyder began his career with the Stockton Police Department in 1996 as a Police Officer. He became a Field Training Officer and an Instructor in Defensive Tactics and Emergency Vehicle Operations. Sergeant Snyder also teaches Principled Policing / Procedural Justice to the Stockton Police Department and other agencies throughout the country.
He was appointed as the Administrative Field Training Officer and his other assignments have included Bicycle Patrol and Mobile Field Force, where he served as an operator and later as a sergeant on the team.
He is currently assigned to the Administrative Services Division where he supervises the department’s Recruiting Team, Background Investigation Unit and hiring.
- 17 – Phillip Merlo, ED of the San Juaquin County Historical Museum, “History of the Museum and it’s future”
- 23 – Tuesday All Rotary Clubs meeting (no meeting on Wednesday)
- 01 – Brian Kolze, “Pacific Softball – 30 years of Coaching”
- 08 – San Joaquin County District Attorney: Tori Verber Salazar
- 15 – Amir Khan, “Drugs and More”
- 22 – Children’s Christmas Party
- 29 – DARK
- $250 Bell Ringer! – Blaine and Chad Bell Ringer – SRE
- $250 Bell Ringer! – Dudley Drake (1st) $250 SRE Susan Drake Scholarship Fund;
- $50 – Khakser Ahmad (4th) $50 RF- Zoom
November 2021 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 6th||Dudley Drake – 1st
Chuck Mowry – 4th
Khaksar Ahmad – 4th
|2||7th – 13th||Waqar Rizvi – 10th
Karyn Johnson – 13th
|3||14th – 20th||Basel Karabala – 14th
Fred Weibel – 14th
Juan Oregel – 14th
Christine Morrissey – 15th
Graham Tweedy – 16th
|4||21st – 27th||Tom Perry – 22nd
Jim Woodward – 22nd
Jan Ambriz – 23rd
Gary Putnam – 27th
|5||28th – 30th||Tony Despotes – 28th
Ken Steele – 29th
Walt Wager – 30th
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to Leena Mittal, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Kevin Kauffman!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520