( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Hybrid Virtual and LIVE Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
Click on “$ Online Payments” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
Meeting on-line reservations
Click on “Meeting Lunch Reservations” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
- Foundation Dinner – October 30th in Modesto. Please contact Matt Grizzle, Linda or Kevin Kaufman.
- Club Live Meetings – We are excited to return to Stockton Golf & Country Club and feel we are providing a great safe environment to get together once again. We also appreciate your support in coming and making reservations. Reservations by Friday 2 pm are guaranteed, After that, subject to availability. We are also accepting walk-ins up to the current maximum capacity of this room (70). Reservations are a good way to prepay as well. Get your reservations as soon as possible.
- Membership Committee – Liz Hull, chairperson: Liz provided update on the membership. There are four new applications. Liz announced in August Angles Murphy’s Rotary is having a Shrimp feed. It will be a good opportunity for fellowship by attending this event on August 21, 2021, cost is $50
- Satellite Club – Membership Chairperson Liz Hull announced that there is interest in opening a Satellite Club of the Rotary Club of Stockton at the O’Connor Woods: Stockton Senior Living Community. There will be a meeting at 9am coffee on August 12, 2021 to discuss this with the interested people at the O’Connor Woods location. On August 25, 2021 they will attend a Zoom meeting of the Rotary Club of Stockton.
- Fellowship Mixer – Past President Bill Brown announced the monthly Rotary fellowship mixers. Members are encouraged to host a mixer either at their homes or at their business. This will be a good opportunity to reacquaint and also get to know about Rotarian’s vocation..
- Mary Graham Kids Classic – For over 20 years, the Mary Graham Kids Classic is a day filled with 18 holes of golf at the Stockton Golf and Country Club and includes lunch, dinner, and terrific prizes. It’s a “scramble” format and all levels of skill are invited to participate. All proceeds go to Trade School and College Scholarship Program. The event will be held on August 30, 2021. Please join by participating or sponsoring this event…
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card. For now, make reservations using the website link.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
Meeting Note takers needed!
PLEASE Consider volunteering (Like Leena has done) for a once a month (or more) opportunity to keep the Wheel rolling along. Our Wheel editor will appreciate you stepping up to assist! What’s a better way to know what’s going on in your club? -editor. Contact Corie Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Speakers: Deputy Jimmy Claude (K9 Partner “Axel”) and Deputy Alex Serrano (K9 Partner “Kimbo”)
Introduced by: County Supervisor and fellow Rotarian Tom Patti
The Sheriff’s Sergeants brought their police dogs with them for a demonstration. They demonstrated how the police dogs can help in catching bad guys and sniffing firearms, drugs etc.
These dogs can search buildings and keep the Sergeants safe. In one incident, the bad guy had an axe and knives and would not give up. The police dog fought with the guy and brought the guy down. Dog got stabbed and was taken to the vet hospital. The dog has recovered and is fine now.
These dogs are also trained for narcotics detection. These dogs are like family and go home with their officers. There are vests for the dogs that can be used for the protection of the dogs. These dogs have a high drive and typically work for about 5 years in their lifetime. The dogs have really been helpful in saving police officer’s lives since dogs could be the first line of defense.
Mr. Pellarin is the co-owner of Pellarin Enterprises, a real estate development and holding company as well as Village West Marina LLC. which owns and operates Village West Marina and Resort, a sixty-five acre – Marina and Resort complex in Stockton California.
Claude and his brother Arron founded Pellarin Enterprises in 1981. Mr. Pellarin has spent over forty years designing, developing, constructing, and operating commercial and residential real estate throughout California and The Pacific Northwest.
- 25 – Chief Eric Jones, Chief Pilot Daniel Lowry, and Tactical Flight Officer Rick Buckley – Stockton PD Helicopter Program
- 01 – County Superintendent of Schools: Dr. Brown, “Status of San Joaquin County Schools”
- 08 – Jamie Cochrane, President, Stockton Heat, “2021 Season”
- 15 – Suzy Daveluy, “City of Stockton Library & Recreation Programs”
- 22 – District Governor Tim Madden, “Rotary District 5220”
- 29 – Stockton Fire Chief Rick Edwards, “Stockton Fire Department”
- $100 – Squealer tax (love it!) – Dennis taxed for squealing on Bill – Dennis – $100 – to SRE
- $100 – Waqar Rizvi donated $50 to SRE and $50 to World Polio Fund to celebrate Dr. Joe Serra’s birthday
- $25 – President Kevin for his phone going off during the meeting.
- $90 – Dr. Joe Serra (4th). $90 to SRE
- $62 – Bill Smith (8th) – $62 to SRE
- $88 – Beverly McCarthy (10th) to SRE
August 2021 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 7th||Leena Mittal – 1st
Joe Serra – 4th*
Linda Guinn – 5th
|2||8th – 14th||Angel Sepulveda – 8th
Zach Downs – 8th
Bill Smith – 8th
Beve McCarthy – 10th
|3||15th – 21st||Ngozi Elobuike – 16th|
|4||22nd – 28th||Sally Fandrich – 25th*
John LaRue – 26th
Louis Lemos – 27th
Clare Simpson – 28th
|5||29th – 31st||(none)|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to ADG Waqar Rizvi, note taker, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, photos by Frank Whitney and granddaughter Addisyn and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Kevin Kauffman!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520