( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Hybrid Virtual and LIVE Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
The Annual Rotary Presidential
- Call to Order and Welcome! President Gary called the Live/Zoom Hybrid meeting to order. Thanks to COVID & Cares Act & our Secretary Matthew Grizzle!
- Pledge of Allegiance & Four Way Test – Kris Blower.
- Special Thanks Today to – Secretary Matt Grizzle and Corie Stewart for the making the Live/Zoom meeting possible and getting all the technical stuff together for us; and John Salaices, Sergeant-At-Arms, and Dwayne Garcia for traditional meeting set up and live check in. We also want to thank Dudley Drake, now located in Arizona, for his leadership in getting our speakers, Leena Mittal, our meeting note taker and to Eric Duran for putting it all together in the Wheel.
- Rotary News: Rotary Direct – Now 22! Ngozi Elobuike inspired by Pam Wenger & Now Dan Wright inspired by Ngozi. THANKS! Please consider signing up; it’s easy to do! Please call President Gary (209-601-3631) or Linda Guinn (209-639-1482) to sign up. Goal is 150 members.
- Club Service & District Calendar for 2020-2021 – Click HERE for the latest list! Don’t miss out on some great activities that may or may not happen in the near future (due to the COVID-19 virus.)
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
Click on “$ Online Payments” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
Meeting on-line reservations
Click on “Meeting Lunch Reservations” in the blue bar at the top (or click this blue box)
- Club Live Meetings – We are excited to return to Stockton Golf & Country Club and feel we are providing a great safe environment to get together once again. We need your support in coming and making advance reservations due to minimums required. Reservations by Friday 2 pm are Guaranteed, after that, subject to availability. Working on drop in option. Get your reservations as soon as possible.
- Membership Committee – Liz Hull, chairperson, is still looking for members to participate in the membership committee. They already have a few members on the committee now. Liz is planning to bring back the COG Club with help from Linda Guinn where new members first land. It would help them get introduced to the Rotary.
- An Opportunity – Advertise in the Wheel. You will have the opportunity to again advertise your business, hobby, profession or nonprofit in The Wheel this coming Rotary year which starts July 1. These ads will take the format of a business card and will be approximately 2 ½” by 1″. Cost will be $300 for a rotary year – a very reasonable cost to get your name in front of an elite group every week and make a contribution to our club at the same time. Please contact Graham Tweedy at 209-598-5881 or at email@example.com
- Fireworks Sales – President Elect Kevin Kauffman, Past President Melanie Vieux and Bill Brown announced there is a fellowship and fund raising opportunity at the Phantom fireworks booth at the corner of Hammer and West Lane which will have volunteer sales opportunities. There are 8 days of operation and several slots available for volunteers. If the club could volunteer for about 50 shifts, it would raise $1000. This is also an opportunity to meet and greet other members of the club.
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card. For now, make reservations using the website link.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
Meeting Note takers needed!
PLEASE Consider volunteering (Like Leena has done) for a once a month (or more) opportunity to keep the Wheel rolling along. Our Wheel editor will appreciate you stepping up to assist! What’s a better way to know what’s going on in your club? -editor. Contact Corie Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Maggie Park, Public Health Officer with San Joaquin County Public Health Services
Dr. Maggie Park is a pediatrician and is the Children’s Services Medical Director for San Joaquin County. In this role, she serves as the medical consultant to the California Children’s Services (CCS) program and oversees the Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program, the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, and the Foster Care Program for San Joaquin County Public Health Services.
Maggie was born and raised in Southern California and attended UCLA, where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Physiological Sciences. She earned her medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine, then did her pediatric residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York City. Maggie worked as an attending physician for San Joaquin General Hospital, as well as Ventura County Medical Center. Most recently, she practiced pediatrics in Stockton for Community Medical Centers and served as their Pediatric Associate Medical Director.
Maggie is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. She has a special interest in childhood obesity, literacy, and oral health. Maggie lives in Stockton with her husband and two children.
- 14 – Bill Trezza & Betty Wilson, “Business Council of San Joaquin County Update”
- 21 – Stockton PD – Helicopter Program
- 28 – Wes Rhea, “Visit Stockton”
July 2021 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 3rd||Dan Wright – 1st
Michael Blower – 1st
T.J. Hull, Jr. – 1st
George Badway – 2nd
|2||4th – 10th||Uzma Khamisa – 5th
Lynndee Riley – 6th
|3||11th – 17th||Renna Beinoris – 13th|
|4||18th – 24th||Leonard Hansen – 19th
Luie Duarte – 23rd
Shak Khan – 24th
|5||25th – 31st||Peter Jaffe – 25th
Eric Duran – 28th*
Steve Morales – 28th*
Gary Frush – 29th
Jeff Greenberg – 30th
Marc Bregman – 31st
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to Leena Mittal, note taker extraordinaire, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club and Attendance Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Gary Frush!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520