( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Virtual Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
- Hybrid Live Meetings @ Stockton Golf & Country Club – President-Elect Kevin Kauffman: Coming soon – Go “live” Wednesday at noon later in April. Initially it would open for only a few members with the meeting broadcasting from the Country Club. About 30 people would be allowed to register afterwards for an in person meeting. More details to follow in emails. The members can chose Zoom option as well.
When (if) we (ever) resume regular meetings..
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
Meeting Note takers needed for the New Year!
PLEASE Consider volunteering (Like Leena has done) for a once a month (or more) opportunity to keep the Wheel rolling along. Our Wheel editor will appreciate you stepping up to assist! What’s a better way to know what’s going on in your club? -editor. Contact Corie Stewart at email@example.com
In 2019, Alan Carpenter and his wife, Betsy, rode their bicycles across America from Anacortes, Washington, to Bar Harbor, Maine, on the Northern Tier Cycle Route. They covered 4,168 miles during their 58-day journey.
Dr. Alan Carpenter – Ride Across America
Dr. Alan Carpenter shared pictures of his bike trip across America from Washington to Maine. Dr. Carpenter and his wife did this trip on their bikes. They rode everyday rain or shine. He shared their experiences as they stopped for food, shower and shelter. During the journey they met kind families and people who loaned their home for shower and provided food and shelter. They also stopped at one of the bike camps. This bike camp used to be a house and was donated by the owners to be used by the bikers for a night stop. Dr. Carpenter shared pictures of beautiful, breathtaking views along their way. Dr. Carpenter shared a lot of pictures and inspired everyone to take bike trips and enjoy the locals along the way.
Mike has worked at HDR Engineering for the past 3 years. Mike was born and raised in San Joaquin County, and currently lives in Lodi.
Dan Leavitt is the Manager of Regional Initiatives for the San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission (SJRRC) and the San Joaquin Joint Powers Authority (SJJPA).
Dan’s responsibilities include managing San Joaquin’s and ACE service expansion planning, network integration studies, environmental studies, and agency coordination and advocacy efforts for the San Joaquin’s and ACE services.
In 2015, Dan was appointed by Governor Brown to be a Board Member of the California Partnership for the San Joaquin Valley. He is a long-time supporter and user of public transportation and a life-long resident of California.
Virginia is an avid train traveler and supporter and over the last five years has helped to champion the expansion and support of ACE and the San Joaquin’s Amtrak service throughout the San Joaquin Valley.
Virginia is a former Mayor and Councilmember for the City of Riverbank and currently serves as Chair for the California Commission on Boating and Waterways, appointed by Governor Brown in 2013.
(Virtual unless otherwise noted)
- 28 – Stuart Spencer – Executive Director of the Lodi Wine Commission
- 05 – Chuck Myers, “The Hornet Carrier”
- 12 – Past District Governor Robert Deering, Jr., “Human Trafficking”
- 19 – TBD
- 26 – Jonni Redick, “Leadership in Turbulent Times”
Birthday Celebration Challenge!!!
July finals 14/15 or 93.3%
August Wrap up – 10/11 or 90.1%
September Birthday Celebrations: 15/15 for 100% participation!
October Finals 14 of 14 = 100%
Both September and October were 100 percent participation.
November birthday challenge was 87.5%.
December Challenge Wrap Up: 90% Participation
2020 Challenge Total: 76 of 81 for 93.8% – Thanks!
January Birthday Challenge: 10 of 10 for 100%!
Final Wrap for February – 10/10 participated = 100 %
Final Wrap for March – 13/13 participated = 100 %
YTD: Now 5 months @ 100% = September, October, January, February, March
April Birthday Challenge – 17 Members
- $1,000 (Double-Heart Stopper!) – Blain Bibb 4/6 ($100 BR and $400 for anniversary and $500 for Rotarian friendships (Melanie Vieux and Colleen Stewart). Total $1,000 (50/50))
- $250 (Bell Ringer!) – Judy Chambers 4/14 ($250 BR 50/50)
- $50 – Cheavy Lema 4/15 $50 SRE
April 2021 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 3rd||Bruce Uch – 03 April|
|2||4th – 10th||Monie Ky – 05 April
Van Young – 06 April
Blain Bibb – 06 April
Peter Lynch – 08 April
Ron Allison – 08 April
Pete Wolfe – 10 April
|3||11th – 17th||Huero Gutierrez – 12 April
Judy Chambers – 14 April*
Chevy Lema – 15 April
Jessica Garcia – 15 April
|4||18th – 24th||Matthew Grizzle – 18 April
Gerardo Garcia – 20 April
|5||25th-30th||Steve Bestolarides – 26 April
Mel Rakoncza – 28 April*
Karen Munro – 29 April
Madisen Sena – 30 April
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthdayhday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to Leena Mittal, note taker extraordinaire, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club and Attendance Secretary, Corie Stewart our Zoom meeting entry coordinator, and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Gary Frush!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520