( Click any image on this page to view a larger version )
Next Virtual Meeting Information:
“The Rotary Club of Stockton Begins the 2nd Century of Service to the Stockton Community”
Directions for members on how to make a payment to Rotary Club of Stockton:
Salvation Army Bell Ringing – Assistant District Governor Waqar Rizvi thanked the Rotarians and the families who participated in the Salvation Bell ringing. The bell ringing was done at the Weberstown Mall entrance in front of the Dillard’s store. In 6 hours about $440 dollars was raised. Following are the names of the volunteers:
• Kuy Ky, Monie Ky and family
• Waqar Rizvi, Maria Rizvi, and family
• Leena Mittal
• Walt Wager
• Arooj Rizvi, Roteract UOP
• President Julius Wilson Central Stockton Rotary
• President Elect Kevin Kauffman, Lindsay Kauffman,
• President Elect Nominee Colleen Stewart and her granddaughter
• President Elect Evan Stone of North Stockton and his son.
- Fantasy Football Update – Eight managers played this year. Top 4 teams make the play off’s. Ken Steele, Matthew Grizzle, TJ Hall, Dan Wright’s teams are in playoffs.
When (if) we (ever) resume regular meetings..
- Use That Credit Card at The Meeting – You may now pay for lunch, raffle tickets (minimum Credit Card Purchase of $5.00) and other purchase at the Club meetings with a credit Card.
- Potential Members – To encourage Club members to bring a potential member to the Wednesday meetings the Rotary Club of Stockton will pay for the 1st meal of a potential member brought by a Club member. For the proper procedure when proposing a new member, read this document.
Meeting Note takers needed for the New Year!
PLEASE Consider volunteering (Like Leena has done) for a once a month (or more) opportunity to keep the Wheel rolling along. Our Wheel editor will appreciate you stepping up to assist! What’s a better way to know what’s going on in your club? -editor. Contact Corie Stewart at email@example.com
Speaker: Michael Tudor
Introduced by: Luie Duarte
Luie Duarte. Michael Tudor has been the financial advisor for Stockton Rotary Endowment since 2017. He is the COO of Oregon based advisory firm called SDH. He is also the COO and president of the firm, Smart Investors. He actively works with a non-profit organization striving for life changing intervention in the lives of the special need children.
Michael G. Tudor, QPFC, AIFA®
Chief Operating Officer – Sloy, Dahl & Holst, Inc. – SRE Endowment Overview
Michael explained that their organization followed fiduciary standards and they are CFEX certified. They follow ISO standards and industry standard best practices. There are only 137 organizations worldwide, 112 in US and 12 in California that are CFEX certified.
While talking about the current financial and economic situation, he stated the fact that in decade 2010-2020, the US stock market has done really well. Lately most of the growth has been shown in the technology sectors. For the SRE portfolio, due the current market conditions, the investment is split in 65% in stocks and 35% in bonds. The target though is to have 60/40 split. He talked about the current stock market has been doing well in spite of the COVID situation because the stocks are based on the future predictions of next 10-12 months. The low interest rates on federal reserves and the stimulus package have also been the reasons behind the growth in the stock market.
Chris Lema is a member of the Rotary Club of Stockton. A Financial Advisor by trade and an entrepreneur at heart. He and his wife Chheavy also own a Dry Cleaning business in Elk Grove, California. Chris and Chheavy have two energetic children who keep them busy when they are not pursuing their professional objectives. Especially in the age of Zoom, it has become more important than ever to get the kids outside. Chris is passionate about the outdoors and getting off from the beaten path. He has spent most of his life on dirt bikes, in Jeeps, on mountain bikes, and on foot searching for what is around the next corner. He will be sharing some of his “Lessons from Driving to the Great Outdoors!” in an exciting presentation this week. As part of this presentation, Chris will be leaving you with some essential gear, tips, and encouragement to try something new.
(Virtual unless otherwise noted)
- 20 – Julie Morehouse from In Season Market and Nursery, “Spring Planting Tips”
- 27 – Chief Eric Jones, “Stockton Police Department”
- 03 – Dr. Alan Carpenter, “9 Ways to Boost Health and Well Being”
- 10 – Peter Jaffe, “A Musical Valentine”
- 17 – Kevin Lincoln – Mayor of Stockton
- 24 – TBA
Birthday Celebration Challenge!!!
July finals 14/15 or 93.3%
August Wrap up – 10/11 or 90.1%
September Birthday Celebrations: 15/15 for 100% participation!
October Finals 14 of 14 = 100%
Both September and October were 100 percent participation.
November birthday challenge was 87.5%.
December Challenge Wrap Up: 90% Participation
2020 Challenge Total: 76 of 81 for 93.8% – Thanks!
January Birthday Recognitions
- $100 – Mas Kamigaki for his birthday on 1/1 (SRE)
- $53 – Michael Keith 1/3 (SRE)
- $100 – Duane Isetti 1/4 (SRE)
- $250 (Bell Ringer!) – Kathy Hart 1/5 (SRE)
- $81 – Terry Hull, Sr. 1/5 (RI)
- $60 – Gary Hansen to the foundation for his upcoming birthday in the third week of January.
January 2021 Birthdays…
|1||1st – 2nd||Mas Kamigaki – 1st|
|2||3rd – 9th||Michael Keith – 3rd
Duane Isetti – 4th
Sharon Manaois – 4th
Kathy Hart – 5th
Terry Hull, Sr. – 5th
|3||10th – 16th||Jerry Butterfield – 14th
Shari Garibaldi – 14th
|4||17th – 23rd||Rod Place – 18th
Gary Hansen – 21st
|5||24th – 30th||(none)|
|6||31st – Feb 6th||(none)|
|*= Meeting Day – Wish Them a Happy Birthdayhday!|
|Rotary Club of Stockton Member Files|
|(Logon to DACdb required to access)|
|Conflict of Interest Policy||2019 Updated Club Constitution|
Special thank you to everyone who contributed to The Wheel…
Editor, Eric Duran. Special thanks this week to Leena Mittal, note taker extraordinaire, Matthew Grizzle, Virtual and Audio Visual Guru as well as Club and Attendance Secretary, and Chief Checkers Matthew Grizzle and President Gary Frush!
Attn: Matthew Grizzle, Club Secretary
1024 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite 5
P.O. Box 7457
Stockton CA 95267
Phone: (209) 472-9662
Fax: (209) 472-9664
Assistant Governor Area 2
Muhammad Waqar Ali Rizvi
Wednesdays at 12 Noon
Stockton Golf & Country Club
3800 W. Country Club Blvd.
Stockton, CA 9520