Interact is a Rotary sponsored service club for young people ages 14-18. The program gives young people an opportunity to participate in fun, meaningful service projects while developing leadership skills and meeting new friends.
Through service activities, Interacters learn the importance of:
- Developing leadership skills and personal integrity
- Demonstrating helpfulness and respect for others
- Advancing international understanding and goodwill
- Building their personal resumes for College Applications
Each year, Interact Club completes at least two community service projects, one of which furthers international understanding and goodwill. Through projects, Interacters develop a network of friendships with local and overseas clubs. And, in the process, Interacters develop leadership skills and learn the value of hard work.
As one of the most significant and fastest-growing programs of Rotary service, with more than 8,600 Interact Clubs in some 110 countries and geographical areas, Interact has become a worldwide phenomenon.
If you or your school is interested in developing an Interact Club, please contact Rotary Club of Stockton for more information.
Currently we work with Edison High School and their Interact Club. There are approximately 50 paid members of this club.
Edison High School Interact Club Information
Where: Edison High School, room C-15.
When: Fridays at 11:30a.m.
Rotary Advisor: Nick Curtin
School advisor: Angelo Sandoval
What does Interact do?
- Completes several community service projects each month.
- Participates in project sponsored by other Interact Clubs and Rotary Clubs such as Kids in a Box in Escalon and Rotary Read-In in Stockton.
- Participates with Rotary Club of Stockton in their projects such as Asparagus Festival, Salvation Army and Holiday Bell Ringing.
- Completes one major International project each year in conjunction with other District 5220 Interact Clubs, sponsored by Rotary Club of Stockton and Club Centinela de Mexicali. Club members restore playground equipment during the year and on the school spring break travel to impoverish schools in Mexicali, Mexico to reinstall this equipment. This ongoing project in now in its fifteenth year. Edison Interact has participated in all but one of these projects.
- Invites Rotarians to speak about their vocations at weekly meetings and participates in a job shadowing day sponsored by Rotary Club of Stockton.
- Officers attends the All City Rotary Thanksgiving Luncheon as guests of the Rotary Club of Stockton.
- Club members attend other special Rotary Club meeting throughout the year.
- Sends representatives to the Interact District Leadership Conference each year.
For more information contact Nick Curtin, President, Rotary Club of Stockton.